Life at Westat
Westat recruits a global workforce and promotes innovation, diversity, and teamwork. We have colleagues who are world leaders in their field of study that contributes to our nation's health, education, and social programs. We enjoy a friendly work environment with a mindset of trust, respect, and dedication to excellence.
Our Team Environment
Westat recognizes the importance of teamwork and collaboration in serving clients effectively. We encourage a collegial environment where staff rely on each other and their expertise to create high-quality products for our clients.
Westat recognizes that support for diversity and inclusion is important for our overall business success and our cooperative team environment. Our leaders and professional staff promote a workplace culture that is diverse and where employees can achieve their potential. Westat recognizes that our commitment to diversity also extends to our clients, vendors, and business partners.
As an employee-owned company, Westat employees know that, in addition to our clients, they are also working for themselves and the other stockholders, their colleagues. This provides a motivation to make sure Westat succeeds and that we continue producing innovative and well-executed programs for our clients. Employees have a valid stake and a voice in the future of the company.
Westat's The Right Track — healthy lifestyles, healthy living initiative is a comprehensive wellness program for Westat employees. With this program, employees learn how good health can promote better work attendance and performance. The program includes
- The Westat Fitness Center, located on the Rockville campus, that offers a variety of exercise classes, equipment, and personal trainers
- Cafés with healthy breakfast, lunch, and snack choices
- Monthly wellness classes
- Various fitness challenges
- Flu shots
Westat recognizes that our employees have lives outside of the workplace. We celebrate the balance between our employees' personal and professional lives and support initiatives that encourage employees to allocate time and energy for nonwork-related interests, including family responsibilities, hobbies, and health-related activities.
Westat also promotes activities that "bring life to work"
- Our annual company picnic includes Westat's families and friends.
- We bring in programs such as Weight Watchers at Work, blood drives, CPR training, and retirement planning seminars.
- We offer employee discounts for various amenities.
Social and Community Commitment
- Our Green Group leads Westat's efforts to reduce our environmental footprint and encourage all employees to live a greener lifestyle. The Montgomery County Division of Solid Waste Services awarded Westat the 2010 Excellence in Recycling Award for recycling 60 percent of all waste in 2009. Westat has been on record for recycling over half our waste since 2001.
- Westat employees volunteer their personal time in service to the community in many ways, including
- A Wider Circle
- Best Buddies of Maryland
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Hands on DC
- Inova Blood Donor Services
- Interfaith Clothing Center
- Little League
- Manna Food Center
- Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program
- Montgomery County Community Service Day
- Stepping Stones Shelter
- Susan G. Komen Walk
- Westat makes corporate contributions to benefit local and national organizations, including
- American Cancer Society
- Boy Scout Council of Montgomery County
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Children's Inn at NIH
- Doctors Without Borders
- Hands on DC
- Hospice Caring
- International Red Cross Response Fund
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- Montgomery Workforce Development Awards
- Peerless Rockville
- Public Safety Awards Luncheon
- Rockville Economic Development, Inc.
- Special Olympics Maryland
- United Way