Westat is one of the leading contract research organizations in the United States. We are an employee-owned corporation known for the quality of our work in statistical design and project management, as well as data collection, management, and analysis.
From study design and protocol development through data analysis and publication, Westat has experience in all aspects of health research.
Westat has been responsible for
- Assisting in protocol development
- Preparing data forms and procedure manuals
- Training clinical research team members
- Monitoring study recruitment and compliance through automated study management systems
- Conducting site monitoring visits and providing ongoing site support
- Assuring regulatory compliance and completing regulatory submissions
- Assisting in the preparation of investigational new drug (IND) submissions to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Coding and editing data
- Maintaining computerized databases
- Providing statistical and programming support for data analysis
Our clinical trials research area has provided support to a wide variety of clients. We continue to expand our research capabilities to support drug, biologic, and device development and commercialization, and to provide both domestic and international clinical trials support.
- We are an employee-owned organization dedicated to commitment, collaboration, quality, and satisfaction.
- Since 1963, Westat has provided health research support and management services to commercial and government clients for all phases of studies in numerous therapeutic areas.
- Westat clinical trials area staff focus on cooperation, communication, and collaboration to ensure we remain a leading CRO.
- We provide the full complement of clinical trials services.
- Diverse studies and therapeutic areas
- Westat has experience with phase 1, 2, and 3 clinical trials, and preclinical and post-marketing surveillance studies; experimental interventions; prospective and retrospective cohort studies; case-control studies; natural history studies; and descriptive statistical surveys.
- The majority of these studies include novel therapies in infectious diseases, oncology, and pediatrics. Westat's other areas of therapeutic expertise include the central nervous system, neurology, cardiology, emergency medicine, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics and pain control, pulmonary, vaccines, wound healing and dermatology, gene therapy, and immunology.
- Our headquarters is in Rockville, Maryland, within the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, home of the FDA and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Our other domestic offices are located near our clients in Atlanta, Georgia; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Durham, North Carolina; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Houston, Texas.
- We also have staff located in Beijing, China; Liberia, Costa Rica; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; New Delhi, India; Dakar, Senegal; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Bangkok, Thailand.
- Westat's Clinical Trials Area has nine functional units that support different aspects of clinical trials.
- Data management
- Site management
- Design and analysis
- Information technology
- Regulatory affairs
- Quality assurance
- Clinical logistics
- Technical training team