Department of Education Taps Westat to Design, Conduct Early Childhood Longitudinal Study
The Early Childhood Longitudinal Study, Kindergarten Class of 2022-23 (ECLS-K:2023) contract, funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences (IES), has been awarded to Westat.
Data from ECLS-K inform policymakers on
- Children's early learning and development
- Preschool/early care and education experiences
- Transition into kindergarten
- Progress through the elementary grades
Westat has extensive experience in conducting longitudinal child assessments and surveys with families, teachers, and schools. We conducted the ECLS-K:2023’s predecessor studies:
- ECLS-K:2011, which followed children from kindergarten through 5th grade
- ECLS-K:1998-99, which followed children from kindergarten through 8th grade
Learn more about how Westat research is charting early childhood development.