Principals Are Very Satisfied with Teach For America, Notes New Report
What are principals’ perceptions of Teach For America (TFA) corps members and alumni? To what extent do principals feel that corps members are prepared to serve as effective teachers and leaders? Westat administered TFA’s 2021 National Principal Survey in 2,000+ schools to address these and other important questions.
We found that principals
- Were very satisfied overall with corps members and alumni
- Had increasingly favorable perceptions of their impacts on students and their contributions to the school beyond the classroom
- Reported high levels of leadership from corps members in supporting school-wide virtual learning efforts in response to COVID-19
TFA’s biennial National Principal Survey serves as one source of evidence on the impact of TFA and provides an important lens on the practices of its corps members and alumni.
- Brief: Teach For America: Principals Report Increasingly Positive Views of Corps Members and Alumni in National Survey (PDF)
- Full report: Findings from the 2021 Teach For America National Principal Survey (PDF)\
- Teach for America press release: Ninety-Four Percent of Principals Agree That Teach For America Corps Members Have a Positive Impact on Students