Principals Satisfied with Teach For America, Notes New Survey Report
What are principals’ perceptions of Teach For America (TFA) corps members and alumni? To what extent do principals feel that corps members are prepared to serve as effective teachers and leaders? Westat administered TFA’s 2019 National Principal Survey in 2,000+ schools to address these and other important questions.
We found that principals
- Were satisfied overall with corps members and alumni
- Had very favorable perceptions of their impacts on students and their contributions to the school beyond the classroom
TFA’s biennial National Principal Survey serves as one source of evidence on the impact of TFA and provides an important lens on the practices of its corps members and alumni.
- TFA News Release: Principals Give High Marks to Teach For America
- Brief: Teach for America: Corps Members and Alumni Viewed Positively by Principals in National Survey (4MB PDF Format)
- Full report: Findings from the 2019 Teach For America National Principal Survey (852KB PDF Format)
- Conducting the Teach For America 2019 National Principal Survey