Using Data to Identify Opioid Hotspots: Westat at Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
The Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit, April 22-25, 2019, in Atlanta, Georgia, provides an opportunity for stakeholders to share strategies and discuss what’s working in prevention and treatment to fight the opioid crisis.
Westat, a Gold Sponsor, will be on site with our experts in behavioral health, epidemiology, criminal and juvenile justice, and data science to talk with attendees about data-driven approaches to find solutions.
The Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit is the largest national collaboration of professionals from government, business, academia, treatment providers, and allied communities affected by prescription drug abuse and heroin use. The 4-day event will draw 3,000+ participants.
Westat’s Vision Session
Donna Atkinson, Ph.D., a Westat Associate Director, and Sandeep Kasat, MBBS, M.P.H., a Westat senior epidemiologist, will highlight key opioid-related indicators and data sources stakeholders can use to assess and monitor the severity of the opioid crisis.
Session: Putting Data to Work: Using Data to Assess, Disseminate, and Monitor the Opioid Crisis to Better Identify Hot Spots
When: Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 8-8:45 am
Where: Meeting Room: International North, Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta
Why: Attendees can learn:
- How data from multiple sources can be analyzed and interpreted to identify demographic and geographic hot spots
- How data can identify key risk factors of the opioid crisis
- How data can be supplemented through review of recent news, research, and grey literature
- How Westat’s opioid data visualization and dissemination tool can be used to reach key stakeholders and target audiences addressing the opioid crisis
Westat will be in the Exhibit Hall, Booth #706. Come by and talk with us about how we can help you solve your programmatic and data challenges. Our work can support your efforts to prevent, reduce, and treat substance abuse and addiction.
- Surveillance systems
- Data analytics
- Health services research
- Program and policy development
We look forward to meeting you!