Blaise is a powerful CAI system and survey processing tool for the Windows operating system and the Internet. It’s developed by Statistics Netherlands and licensed and supported in North and South America by Westat. Blaise includes many advanced capabilities that meet the high demands of today’s CAI surveys:
- “Out of the box” seamless support for telephone (CATI), in-person (CAPI) and web (CAWI) surveys and other survey processes, including data capture (CADE) and interactive data review and editing
- Multimode integration combining CATI, CAPI, and CAWI into a single instrument to maximize the economic and methodological potential of each mode
- Proven interviewer interface with screen layouts that can be customized
- Powerful and flexible questionnaire definition language
- Ability to include multimedia (audio, pictures, video) in a survey instrument
- Strong support for user-developed add-on components developed in VB and .Net
- Open system architecture supporting the integration of Blaise with non-Blaise systems, RDBMS, and software
- Comprehensive documentation
Blaise is scalable to the needs of large-scale surveys and is adaptable and affordable for small research projects. Blaise is used for a variety of research studies conducted by government statistical agencies, academic research, and contract research organizations:
- Household surveys
- Business and economic surveys
- Health surveys
- Labor force surveys
- Energy/environment/agriculture surveys
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal sample designs
- Multimode surveys
Blaise is used worldwide. The International Blaise Users Group (IBUG) includes members from Australia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Norway, People’s Republic of China, Portugal, Republic of Maldives, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
For more information about Blaise, contact Blaise Services at Westat at email@example.com.
Blaise® is a registered trademark of Statistics Netherlands. Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.