The Affordable Care Act is leading to dramatic changes in the way health care, including behavioral health care, is organized and funded.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) selected Westat to help state policymakers, care providers, and others understand how the new law affects coverage for behavioral health care, including how to ensure parity for these services.
- Westat runs webinar and video conferencing trainings.
- We developed and make available educational and technical assistance materials.
- We published a series of ratings reports on the effectiveness of commonly used behavioral health services. Our ratings report is designed to help insurance programs decide which services to cover.
- All of our products address significant changes in the organization and financing of behavioral health care.
- The products will help government agencies and service providers prevent and treat behavioral health problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Our ratings report has been accessed more than 6,000 times.
- We have conducted more than 18 webinars on behavioral health care and the Affordable Care Act. Many of these webinars are archived on the SAMHSA Health Reform web site.