When the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) needed experts in data management and biostatistics support for its many research studies, it turned to Westat.
- Westat expanded and operated the hospital’s Biostatistics and Data Management Core (BDMC), which works on a wide variety of studies in virtually all the subspecialties of pediatric medicine.
- We have provided expertise in a number of ways.
- Evaluating the needs of ongoing and proposed studies
- Meeting with researchers to discuss their data management and biostatistical needs
- Helping researchers with study design, data management, and statistical analyses
- Helping researchers write grant applications to get funding for studies
- We have supported more than 100 studies in cardiology, neurology, oncology, nephrology, infectious diseases, and injury prevention. The studies have varied from gene therapy clinical trials to observational and epidemiologic investigations.
- The researchers we work with have presented their studies at scientific meetings and published them in peer-reviewed journals.
- Their research is supporting evidence-based decisionmaking on a variety of important health issues.