Tips for Job Seekers
How do I find out what jobs are available?
We have two tracks, professional and field.
- Professional positions include performing research and evaluation, survey design, statistical analysis, clinical trials, communications, administrative, data processing, or phone data collection tasks for a variety of topic areas.
- If you select professional, you can search by location and the type of work, among other options. To see a list of all open positions, leave the search fields blank. To learn more about each position, select the Job ID number link.
- To learn more about Westat field data collector positions, read The Job of a Field Data Collector before browsing open positions.
- If you select field, you’ll arrive at the Field Information Gateway. Read the summaries of projects with open positions, then select the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page to search for positions by location.
- Once you’ve found the appropriate location, select the Job ID number link to open the job description.
- Field position applications are considered in the order received. If you are interested in multiple positions, apply in order of preference.
How do I apply?
Once on the job description page, select the Apply to job(s) button near the top of the page. You’ll have the option of creating a Westat account or going directly to the application. In either case, you’ll have to fill out an online form that takes about 15 minutes.
- Before starting your application, turn off pop-up blockers on your browser.
- While filling out the form, do not use the back button. Doing so will disrupt the application process.
- You must submit a separate application for each position you want to apply to.
Do I need an email address to apply to Westat?
Yes, you’ll need your own email address.
What should I do if I need assistance or an accommodation to view positions or submit an application?
If you need assistance or an accommodation, contact us at email@example.com. If you have a technical issue, tell us what you couldn’t complete, what operating system (PC or Mac), and browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, or other) you were using.
Can I send you my resume by mail, email, or social media sites?
No. To be considered for employment at Westat, you must complete the online application.
How can I find a saved draft of my application?
If you have created an account, you can log in to find your draft applications:
What happens after I apply?
When we receive your application, you’ll get a confirmation email and a candidate reference number. A recruiter will contact you if we believe you may be suitable for the position.