The White House Office of Public Engagement invites the public to join a briefing on Friday, July 15, 2022, at 4pm (ET): Addressing the Long-Term Effects of COVID-19. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the briefing will share an update on the status of 2 new reports scheduled for public release on August 3, 2022.
Westat has been working with 13 federal agencies to complete the 2 reports that are described in the April 5, 2022, White House Memo on Addressing the Long-Term Effects of COVID-19:
- The Services and Supports for Longer-Term Impacts of COVID-19 Report outlines federal services and mechanisms of support available to the American public in addressing the longer-term effects of COVID-19.
- National Research Action Plan on Long COVID provides the first U.S. government-wide national research agenda focused on advancing prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and provision of services and supports for individuals and families experiencing Long COVID.
Featured speakers at the White House briefing include
- Admiral Rachel L. Levine, MD, Assistant Secretary for Health
- Rear Admiral Michael F. Iademarco, MD, MPH, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Science and Medicine (OASH)
- Members of the Long COVID workgroups and team
Focus AreasBehavioral Health Health Communications Health Services Research and Health Policy Public Health