Surveying federal workers to ensure an engaged workforce
The federal government needs a productive, engaged workforce to carry out its many responsibilities, from national defense and disaster relief to education and health research.
The government assesses the level of engagement and job satisfaction and attitudes toward management of its more than 1.8 million employees by administering the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) to a representative sample of the workforce. The survey participants represent more than 80 federal agencies and a wide range of employee groups, including part-time staff, field staff, veterans, people with disabilities, and more.
Westat has helped carry out the FEVS since 2004.
We help with
- Advising on sampling and questionnaire design
- Operating a help center for survey participants
- Maintaining a website where federal agencies can view their real-time response rates
- Analyzing the survey results
- Generating more than 20,000 agency-specific reports
- Disseminating all reports on Westat’s Data Explorer (WesDaX), an online reporting and analysis tool that also allows agency leaders to analyze the survey data and generate reports using the file format they prefer
FEVS offers an accurate and dynamic means to monitor emerging workforce issues and the perceptions of federal employees.
The survey helps federal agencies quickly address key workforce issues and develop an engaged, innovative, and productive workforce.