Westat statisticians and data scientists are looking forward to gathering in person in Washington, DC, August 6-11, 2022, for the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM). The conference draws 6,500+ statisticians from 52 countries in academia, industry, and government, providing a forum to exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration. We are proud to continue our commitment as a Gold Sponsor and we have a lot to share about our participation this year. See our welcome message from Jeri Mulrow (YouTube video).
Our own Jean Opsomer, Ph.D., a Westat Vice President and Statistical Fellows Committee Co-Chair, will be honored with the 2022 American Statistical Association (ASA) Founders Award for his distinguished service to and impact on the association. It is the highest award ASA bestows; awardees are nominated by the membership. The award will be presented Tuesday evening August 9, 2022.
Our team of experts will give 20+ presentations on topics ranging from adaptive survey methods during COVID-19 to the evaluation of survey designs. Here are some quick video introductions to 2 presentations by some of our staff:
- Need Telephone Show Cards for Your In-Person Survey Due to a Pandemic‑Induced Multimode Data Collection Shift? PATH Study Lessons Learned 2020 (YouTube video), presented by Sarah Dipko and Victoria Castleman
- Forming Area Sampling Units with Geospatial Sorts, with Application to Counties and Census Blocks in PIAAC (YouTube video), presented by Ben Schneider
Check out our conference program for additional information on these presentations and more!
Don’t miss our networking reception on Monday, August 8, 2022, from 5:30-7:30 pm. Mingle with colleagues and grab light refreshments. This is the perfect opportunity to catch up with friends, discuss future developments in statistics and data science, or investigate a career with Westat.
Come meet us at our booth in the exhibit hall and learn how our innovative solutions in data science, survey statistics, and biostatistics bring statistical research to new heights! Be sure to check out these facts sheets for more information on our work in statistics and data science:
- Complex Analytics (PDF)
- Data Harmonization & Integration (PDF)
- Data Visualization (PDF)
- Geospatial Expertise (PDF)
- Natural Language Processing (PDF)
- Statistical Sample Design, Estimation, and Analysis (PDF)
- Study Designs and Statistical Analysis Methodology for Clinical Trials (PDF)
- Survey Methodology (PDF)
- Westat Commercial Life Sciences brochure (PDF)