Promoting a culture of health with housing
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is committed to building a Culture of Health in America by setting a national agenda to improve health, equity, and well-being. Housing authorities may be natural allies in this work as housing is fundamental to one’s health.
The goal of this survey is to identify ways that housing authorities are involved collaborating with the community to meet the needs of more disadvantaged populations.
- Westat is conducting about 150 phone interviews with a sample of public housing authorities across the U.S.
- Case studies are conducted with a select number to learn more about their efforts.
- The goal is to learn more about
- The work housing authorities are doing
- How this effort relates to the culture of health
- How the work can be used to promote health and well-being