Westat will be participating in the 2023 American Educational Research Association (AERA) annual conference. The conference will have a place-based component and a virtual component. The place-based component will be held at Chicago, Illinois, April 13-16, 2023. The virtual component will be held on an online platform on May 4-5, 2023. This year’s conference theme is Interrogating Consequential Education Research in Pursuit of Truth.
The following are the times and papers of Westat staff (names in bold) participating.
Friday, April 14, 11:40am to 1:10pm CT (12:40 to 2:10pm ET)
- Kavemuii Murangi. (Symposium Chair). Symposium: Research Into High School Coursework and Achievement Using the NAEP High School Transcript Study.
- Ingrid Fichtenberg and Robert Perkins. (Paper). Trends in Career Technical Education from the NAEP High School Transcript Study.
- Lisa Hamilton and Robert Perkins. (Paper). NAEP High School Transcript Study – Past, Present, and Future.
- Tom Krenzke and Victoria Owens. (Paper). Nonresponse Bias Analysis for NAEP Grade 12 Using High School Transcript Study Data.
- Kavemuii Murangi and Lisa Hamilton. (Paper). Pathways to Advanced High School Mathematics Courses Using NAEP and HSTS.
- Robert Perkins and Ying Chen. (Paper). Why Are Credits Increasing? What We Can Learn From the NAEP High School Transcript Study.
Saturday, April 15, 9:50 to 11:20am CT (10:50am to 12:20pm ET)
- Judy H. Tang. (Symposium Chair). Noncognitive Constructs and Academic Outcomes: Using NAEP Data to Understand Differences in Achievement.
- Judy H. Tang and Juliann Dupuis. (Paper). Investigating the Relations of Teacher Perceptions, Noncognitive Constructs, and Mathematics Achievement.